Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Tiki-Tacki Royal Kona Resort

Growing up in the late 1960's and 1970's
definitely sparked my interest for anything "Tiki".
For as long as I can remember I have had a thing for tiki style and decor.
So of course this place was near the top of my must see list on theBig Island of Hawaii.
It did not disappoint this Hawaii loving gal ....
It really is the epitome of Tiki Style!
The "Royal Kona Resort", was built in 1968.
Lobby only someone from the 1960's could dream up!
I kind of freaked out when I entered the hotel.
It really was like stepping back in time. Check out this groovy interior design......
It's filled with TIKI-TACKI everything! This resort definetly reflecks a by gone era. This tiki hangs at "Don the Beach Comber Bar" it's famous for excellent Mai Tai's. A must-have when at Don's! There's a tiki feast for the eye around every corner. What a beautiful location! The resort really does sit oceanfront on Kailua Bay Kona. What a view! It's a retro relic and I loved every inch of this old place! Let's hope the Royal Kona Resort keeps it's TIKI-TACKI decor forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment